A question asked by a business colleague when the shortlist for the Cheshire Business Awards were released.
“Because we believe in our team and invest in them” I answered.
“Evidence?” he asked
So that got me thinking and so far this is a list of the training and development opportunities offered to our team that I can think of from the past 12-18 months:
- NWDA High Growth programme member – this has opened up a range of half day seminars on a variety of management issues to the senior and middle management team.
- NEBOSH Gen. Cert.- All our directors have either completed the course or are undertaking it.
- LEAD – all of our directors have completed or are in the process of completing the LEAD management development programme at MMU.
- Degrees – One successful foundation degree and one sponsored student this year, continued sponsorship of two candidates next year.
- Foundation Cert. Human Resources – one candidate sponsored on this day release course.
- NVQs – level 6 Construction Site Management: one candidate, Level 3 Site Technical Support; 4 candidates, Level 3 Occupational Work Supervision: 3 candidates.
- H&S Training- a wide range of courses including the whole team completing Emergency First Aid and Fire training plus a range of confined space training, PASMA courses and rope access training.
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 small businesses programme – One of 23 businesses selected in the first cohort of this prestigious programme in the NW.
- Personal Coaching – provided to a number of staff members.
- Charitable Activities – members of the team have been involved in a range of fund raising activities to raise funds for the Up and Under Foundation that supports youngsters in the local community.
- Social activities – all staff, partners and children were invited to the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – we cannot be held responsible for the foul weather on the day!
- Membership of the Winning Pitch High Growth Foundation – opens up a range of training seminars to team members.
These are the things that come immediately to mind and the list is unlikely to be exhaustive, so next time I am asked, “Why You?”, I will have a more detailed answer.
This entry was posted in Blog.
Contact Us Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on YouTube Follow us on LinkedIn
Tel. 01270 589 615