Whether it is repairs, construction, inspection or testing works our teams of access trained engineers are ideally suited to working in any marine environment. Industrial roped access is particularly well suited to working in this harsh environment. The ability to gain rapid access is particularly important in tidal locations. By using ropes it is possible to completely clear the site between work shifts, this has proved particularly useful when carrying out operations on working docks, harbours and jetties.
Coastal installations frequently contain tanks, shafts, tunnels and other confined spaces. At Up and Under we have the trained personnel to work in these potentially hazardous locations, safely and effectively.
Another area of increasing concern is beach safety, we are experience in a variety of relevant works including safety audits, rock fall prediction, replacement of safety fencing on cliffs and steep slopes, netting and scaling of cliffs and re-vegetation.
Projects completed by include:
- Compensation pumping from ballast chambers of state-of-the art ferry terminal pontoons. Work successfully completed around an uninterrupted operating schedule;
- Major refurbishment contract of stone quarry jetty. Works included reconstruction of bullnose, installation of 8m long timber fenders, Denso cladding, design and fabrication of fixing brackets. Works required the jetty to be in operation throughout;
- Hardwood repairs including greenheart, drilling up to 1.35m in length;
- Repairs to sea walls, harbour structures and sea defences;
- Green solutions for erosion protection;
- Repairs to shafts, tunnels and chambers within harbour complexes;
- Safety inspections and scaling of rock faces above structures and public areas. Associated remedial works.